These special-order bills for the 2019 Alabama YMCA Youth Legislature will take precedence over all other bills and will be debated first in their respective chambers.
- SB36 – Reforming the Alabama Prison System by Madeline Martin, Spain Park High School, Hoover
- SB51 – Research and Experimentation Tax Credit by Brett Bonikowski, LAMP, Montgomery
- SB58 – Modernizing Alabama’s Legislative Districts by Will Hamlett, Montgomery Academy, Montgomery
- HB02 – Heroes at Home by Brody Ratliff and Alex Fisher, Trinity Presbyterian School, Montgomery. Over a four-year period, provides veterans with therapy, housing and training.
- HB14 – Legalize the Lottery by Sarah Beth Corona, Vestavia Hills High School, Birmingham
- HB19 – Reformation of the Alabama Paper System by William Seitz and Nikki Pedicord, Vestavia Hills, Birmingham. Encouragement to shift from traditional paper milling processes to tree-free paper milling, i.e. straw and hemp-based.
- FYB13 – Pencils before Pistols by Will Nickolson, Vestavia Hills High School, Birmingham. Bans non-law enforcement officers from bringing firearms into a public school.
- FYB20 – The Tax Fairness Act by Jane Grey Battle, Mountain Brook High School, Birmingham. Exempts food with nutritional value from sales taxes.
- FYB33 – Tax Single-Use Plastic Bags by Kasey Hernandez-Sexton, Saint Luke’s Episcopal School, Mobile