YMCA Youth Legislature is a national YMCA program for high school students that prepares them for moral and political leadership through training in the theory and practice of developing public policy.
We are excited to announce that this year’s conference will take place virtually!
Conference Structure & Deadlines
August 26-September 23 – Early Bird Registration $50
September 23 – Deadline to run for office
October 2-5 – Virtual District Meetings
October 7 – Bill Submission Deadline
September 24-October 7 – Regular Registration $60
After October 7 – Late Registration $75
October – Committee Meetings
November 2-5 – Joint Committee Meetings (more information will become available at a later time)
November 7-8 – Conference Debate
November 9 – Award Ceremony
- District Meetings (Virtual) will occur between October 2nd-5th
- Overview of Virtual Conference/Welcome/etc.
- Elections – online
- Nominations for 2021 from each Dist.-Finalists will be voted on statewide November 8.
- Clerks, Chaplains, Asst. Floor Leaders, First Year Officers will be appointed this year.
- Watch election candidate videos and vote online. (Must be registered to vote).
We’re looking for volunteers to help the weekend of the conference. If you’re interested in being a volunteer for this year’s conference please fill out the form below.
Volunteer for Youth Leg
Check out our Resources for additional documents and links.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR YMCA CONFERENCES
Request received more than…
60 days prior: 95% Refund
45 days prior: 75% Refund
30 days prior: 50% Refund
15 days prior: 25% Refund
Less than 15 days: No Refund
- High School Students (grades 9-12)
- YMCA Staff and Teacher Advisors