74th ALABAMA YOUTH LEGISLATURE CONFERENCE – April 22nd-April 24th, 2022
YMCA Youth Legislature is a national YMCA program for high school students that prepares them for moral and political leadership through training in the theory and practice of developing public policy.
Due to the continued Covid-19 Omicron strand the previously scheduled 2022 Youth Legislature Conference planned for February 25th-27th, 2022 had to be postponed and rescheduled for later in the Spring.
Conference Structure & Deadlines
February 10th-March 11th – Early Bird Registration $275
February 21st – Deadline to run for Youth Legislature Offices
February 22nd -24th – Virtual District Meetings (Districts 1-5)
– Bill Submission Deadline – March 21st
March 12th – March 21st – Regular Registration $300
District Meetings (Virtual) will occur between February 22nd-24th
- Overview of Virtual Conference/Welcome/etc.
- Elections – online
- Nominations for 2022 from each Dist.-Finalists will be voted on statewide April 23rd.
- Clerks, Chaplains, Asst. Floor Leaders, First Year Officers will be elected at District Meetings this year.
- Watch election candidate videos and vote online. (Must be registered to vote).
We’re looking for volunteers to help the weekend of the conference. If you’re interested in being a volunteer for this year’s conference please fill out the form below.
Volunteer for Youth Leg
Check out our Resources for additional documents and links.
CANCELLATION POLICY FOR YMCA CONFERENCES
Request received more than…
60 days prior: 95% Refund
45 days prior: 75% Refund
30 days prior: 50% Refund
15 days prior: 25% Refund
Less than 15 days: No Refund
- High School Students (grades 9-12)
- YMCA Staff and Teacher Advisors